Wednesday 20 February 2013

Percy & Reed Colour and Shine Collection - Review

Bonjour!

The Percy & Reed (4 Piece) Colour and Shine Collection is one of two kits I purchased at the start of December from QVC - been wanting to try the Percy & Reed haircare range for a while.  Anyway - there they were (Paul Percival and Adam Reed) doing their thing in the QVC studio and I finally caved in! If you're not familiar with the 'dymanic duo' you can read all about 'em from their own website here.

I've not used a specific colour care shampoo and conditioner before (have mostly gone down the volumising route) but I'd just had pretty-much a full head of highlights done and thought I'd have a go at keeping my colour 'Really Rather Radiant'...



Both the Really Rather Radiant Shampoo and Conditioner contain raspberry seed oil - which is said to moisturise and nourish hair and the conditioner also contains white grape seed oil, aloe vera gel and Pro vitamin B5.   From the first time I used the shampoo and conditioner I noticed a huge difference in the condition of my hair - it actually behaved itself.  I've found this has been the case every time I've used it since so no one-hit wonder here!  The shampoo is not big on lather and you have to make sure your hair is sopping wet but it leaves my hair squeaky clean and doesn't seem to leave build up.  The conditioner is creamy but doesn't weigh my hair down and leaves it smooth.  My hair is far from perfect - we all know that - but this duo really does  seem to improve the manageability. I had my hair cut last week and my hairdresser commented that my highlights have not gone brassy but have retained the deep caramel colour so result!

Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Mousse is like an extra low-fat squirty cream - it's light as air. For everyday use I've found that one golf-ball size is adequate - it doesn't make my hair twice as big but it adds a decent amount of volume. It's not at all crunchy and leaves hair soft and conditioned.  If I need a bit more oomph I've added a bit more into the routine with a bit of extra blow-drying and this seems to have done the trick.

Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray is a super-fine spray which gives a natural but good hold - and doesn't go rock solid or stick my hair together - so thankfully no helmet head going on! The nozzle is tiny so allows you to spray the required amount onto your barnet. It's also easily brushed out which is always a bonus!

All of the products in the kit (in my opinion) smell great - fresh but not sharp and sweet but not sickly - just right!

The Percy & Reed (4 Piece) Colour and Shine Collection costs just under £25 from QVC - so not the cheapest of ranges out there but with the results I've seen I think I'll be re-purchasing at some stage - may just have to wait for a special offer or easy pay option! Please can we have a Today's Special Value soon QVC? (Good job I have another little kit from Percy & Reed waiting patiently in the wings ;)

Have you tried any products from the Percy & Reed Haircare range?

Jen x

10 comments:

  1. This sounds good. I love the percy and reed products I've tried.ni especially like the sound of the mouse x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried these before - they sound lovely. I love the idea of the volumising mousse - I'm still not totally happy with the spray in gels! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try them for ages - so glad I did! The mousse is a great product - tempted to order a full size! xx

      Delete
  3. I think £25 is pretty good for four products really, although looking at it I wouldn't have thought the mousse and hairspray would last long - perfect for popping in your handbag though (the spray, at least).
    I haven't tried any of these, but I really liked their moisturising shampoo. Actually, I'm feeling a bit annoyed with haircare products being rubbish at the moment, so maybe it's time to go back to something I know is good.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the products work so well I don't think it's too bad a price Mel. I will re-purchase at some stage. Bet the moisturising shampoo is great for thicker hair! xx

      Delete
  4. This actually sounds lovely and I'm pleased with the price as you get four higher end products. The thing for me would be the lather with a shampoo as I like to use as little as poss with maximum cleaning effect and I know a lot of high street brands can do that for me. For some reason every time I try high end hair care I'm never that impressed! Which is interesting. But this one does look like it sits in the middle and a great buy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried other higher end products which haven't worked as well as this lot. You get used to working the shampoo after a while - the hair needs to be really saturated. It's a lovely kit! xx

      Delete
  5. I've heard of the range but never actually tried it. I like the sound of the mousse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mousse is so light Kay but it works a treat! Can't wait to try some of the other products - glad I've got a couple in the pipeline to try! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...